Lesbian schoolgirls fight monsters.
I kind of missed this genre… but sadly, Assault Lily was a disappointment.
The main issue is that there are too many characters and they’re all pretty forgettable. There’s no drama that’s especially compelling. Everyone has their destined partner and they all learn to trust each other and become closer.
The one part I did like is the dumbass names. Like how the enemies are called “Huge”, the weapons are called “CHARMS”, and the main character’s super evil suspicious power is called “Charisma”.
But anyway, do yourself a favor and just rewatch Simoun or Symphogear or Mai Hime.
- Storytelling – D – Pretty generic.
- Voice – C – Only thing I liked was the dumb English names.
- Characters – D – Too many, all dull.
- Attention Grab – D – Lost my interest.
- Production – C – Looks ok.
- Overall – D+
Recommendations – Simoun, Symphogear, Mai Hime