Exactly like the title says.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed this show. It manages to take this seemingly exhausted genre of RPG-style fantasy, and do something new with it. The theme being people assigned jobs that they don’t want to do, such as being the hero.
It felt relaxed and laid back at times, but there was certainly a conflict and the plot was interesting. I especially liked how it started in the middle— the characters already knew each other, they had pasts, and that allowed the show to explore different things and skip the boring RPG adventure start we’ve seen a million times.
Best girl was spider assassin.
I also really liked the male lead which is rare with this kind of show. He’s very talented, but he’s also not perfect and is perfectly fine with that.
Also none of that ganbiramasu bullshit here.
- Storytelling – B – Feels relaxed, but doesn’t feel like a moment is wasted.
- Voice – A – Told a different type of story than we usually see!
- Characters – B – Grew on me a lot. Worst was the main villain.
- Attention Grab – A – Always looked forward to this one.
- Production – B – Looks pretty good.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Suppose a kid from the last dungeon boonies moved to a starter town