A human girl is turned into an animal and moves to the city of animals and fights crime.
I have very mixed feelings about this. When it wanted to be good it could be pretty good. For example, I thought everything about the main character’s friend and Shirou was very well done. But many of the earlier episodes could be hit or miss. And the twist with teh main villain was kind of “ugh”. Actually that twist pissed me off more than anything. I kind of get what they were going for in that it isn’t as simplistic as beastmen=good, human=bad, but the way they did it with a secret conspiracy of elite beastmen ruling the world from the shadows had some pretty obvious analogues in anti-semitism.
Aside from that, I did think it tended to be one of the more thoughtful shows we’ve seen recently on the topic of identity in particular.
- Storytelling – C – Thoughtful story but not too focused in earlier parts.
- Voice – B – Unique concept, more or less.
- Characters – B – Best part for sure.
- Attention Grab – C – I finished but was never super excited.
- Production – C – Animation is good but I hated the color scheme. Too dark.
- Overall – C+