The Neighbors Club continues to fail at trying to make friends without realizing they’ve already succeeded.
This is a continuation of the first season, and is more of the same. Basically a harem show with a bunch of anti-social people. The big twist is that the two main girls are complete assholes.
I liked this season a bit more than the first one, mainly because Rika got so much screentime. Rika is by far the best girl in this show— there is no comparison. Why Kodaka is even considering Sena or Yozora is completely beyond me.
From what I remember, this season also had less of an emphasis on the fanservice than the first season, which helped a lot. Sena’s enormous lumps of fat did not inspire my enjoyment of the show.
Also I hate the way this show draws lips (I sincerely hope this does not become a trend, but more shows seem to be imitating this style…) but I have gotten used to it now, sadly.
- Storytelling – B – Felt more focused than the first season. It didn’t make me laugh much though.
- Voice – C – Fairly similar to other harem stories, with the difference being everyone’s a jerk.
- Characters – B – Rika A, Sena C, main guy D, Yozora D. I was originally in the Yozora camp, at least over the Sena camp but not the Rika one, but she was really useless this season. Who cares about the stupid childhood friend thing.
- Attention Grab – B – I mostly paid attention.
- Production – C – Hate the lips.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Kokoro Connect, Chuunibyou, Haruhi