Robots gain power through sexual intercourse. Buddy Complex, a.k.a. BUDDYCUM.
Seeing how I’m only finishing this over a year and a half after it aired, you can probably guess I wasn’t too excited about it. It’s really stupid (which is a good thing) but it’s not nearly as entertaining as something like Valvrave. I think the main problem is it never really leads you to actually care about the characters. I watched the last episode and I could barely even remember who they were. They’re all so generic without much of a personality, aside from their high sex drives.
The one saving grace is the sheer corniness of it all, along with the way too obvious sexual innuendo. This doesn’t even have the subtlety of Sword Art Online…
- Storytelling – D – Pretty generic giant robot story. Plus robots powered by sex.
- Voice – D – Not much distinctive.
- Characters – F – Totally forgettable.
- Attention Grab – F – Couldn’t be bothered to finish it for over a year.
- Production – C – Looks fine.
- Overall – D-