A boy kills his friends in order to kill his other friends.
When I watched the first episode, I thought this show was needlessly cruel. But I’ve changed my mind.
Chaos Dragon is chuuni as fuck, and it’s hilarious. It’s a crazy mishmash of every silly fantasy trope the creators could think of. Every character is a walking tragedy. One guy literally breaks everything he touches. The main guy’s girlfriend is doomed to die pretty soon. His sister turns into a crazy undead monster. Another one of the main characters has become possessed by some murderous sword.
And soooooo many people die. It’s great. The main character spends all his time crying about how he’s murdered his friends. And then he keeps doing it over and over again. And after he’s killed his friends? They’re brought back from the dead so he can kill them again! Genius!!!!
So, Chaos Dragon is pretty dorky and over the top tragic. It won’t appeal to everyone, but I ended up finding it highly amusing.
Also, loved the knight who broke everything and the money girl.
- Storytelling – C – I admit it it’s really dumb but I love it.
- Voice – B – Pretty over the top, very detailed (if nonsensical) setting.
- Characters – C – Very unique characters, lots of diversity, if not much depth.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept me on my toes guessing who would die next.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Akame ga Kill, Owari no Seraph