An otaku teacher is a supergenius that fixes everyone’s problems.
Yes, it’s an escapist nerd fantasy. Yes, the animation is shit. Yes, the voice acting is even more shit. Yes, it’s a terrible adaptation, that presents things from the manga in the dullest way possible without an ounce of creativity or imagination.
And yes, I enjoyed it. I don’t know why. It sucks. It really does. It doesn’t have a single redeeming point in its favor. I’m not going to try to make excuses for why I liked it because I can’t even imagine a single reason someone would like this.
So it’s a godawful show, they didn’t do a single thing right, but I liked it anyway. Still, do yourself a favor and just read the manga instead. It’s pretty much frame for frame identical to the anime, but with a ton more heart put into it and superior in every single way.
- Storytelling – F – I imagine that the process for adapting this was they copied each panel from the manga (with less detail), colored it, and added mouth motions. It was downright terrible storytelling.
- Voice – F – Reminds me of that even worse Medaka Box adaptation.
- Characters – C – Well, they copied them from the manga so the concept was okay, but the execution was still awful.
- Attention Grab – B – I did finish it!
- Production – F – Wow. So bad. Normally I can’t really tell but this was pathetic. Even the voice acting was awful. I think the award for the worst voice acting goes to the imouto character.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Great Teacher Onizuka, Outbreak Company