Galileo’s descendants, three sisters, fly a goldfish around the world searching for their ancestor’s cringe-inducing attempts at poetry. Galileo invents airplanes and time travel and is revealed to be an incestuous lolicon.
This was one of the most pointless shows I’ve ever seen. The middle nine episodes out of eleven could have been omitted and you would hardly know the difference. They just travel around to awful portrayals of random countries, while the evil company does evil things for no apparent reason except to be evil. Hozukii (the youngest sister) doesn’t grow at all except to learn what love is (a.k.a. she reads some bad love poems) and the two elder sisters do nothing at all. Then Hozukii time travels to meet her ancestor. This was the best part since it was so stupid that at least I could laugh at it.
Galilei Donna’s ending was plain awful. The previous nine episodes were irrelevant, and the ending didn’t make any sense if you pause to give it a moment’s thought.
Really, the only reason I’m not giving this an F is because it has mecha goldfish and air pirates. Except the pirates aren’t actually pirates, they just dress like them, the evil corporation actually just steals from itself to frame the air pirates… or something… but anyway mecha goldfish have to count for something.
- Storytelling – F – Mostly pointless, terrible ending.
- Voice – C – Cool ships and costumes.
- Characters – F – The only ones who get any development are the middle sister and Hozukii. Karate girl whines a lot and wants to go home. Then the creators forget about her and she doesn’t do anything for the rest of the show. Hozukii reads love poems and learns something… I think?
- Attention Grab – D – Totally pointless. The ending was entertainingly dumb though.
- Production – B – Looks pretty.
- Overall – D-
Recommendations – Monster, Xam’d, Laputa