A manga artist goes to school. His friends do funny stuff.
Nozaki-kun was a pretty good comedy. It managed to make me laugh a bunch.
They key reason is the characters. They’re a bunch of weirdos who have their own endearing quirks. And they aren’t the usual tired tropes.
Even more important is how they complement each other. This show is a shipper’s dream come true. Prince and the president, the girl who beats people up and the guy with her, Mikorin and everyone… so many opportunities.
If more shoujo anime were like this and Sabagebu it would be my favorite genre.
- Storytelling – C – Does drag at times. But still consistently funny.
- Voice – B – Nothing else has a sense of humor quite like this one. I especially enjoy how it makes fun of shoujo manga.
- Characters – A – Excellent characters which maximize comedic effect.
- Attention Grab – C – Does drag at times.
- Production – B – Looks fine, good voice acting.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Sabagebu, Ouran High School Host Club, School Rumble