The club is back. This time with more cross-dressing and fujoshis.
It was a good show. Madarame’s romance with Saki is finally resolved, which was excellent. Lots of drama over cross-dressing. The fujoshi obsessed with the Sengoku era was hilarious. Sue is Sue.
BUT they skipped animating Ogiue and Sasahara hooking up. And therefore this second season was a huge disappointment. The worst anime ever. (Ok it was actually pretty good but still.)
I guess this makes me a Genshiken oldfag.
- Storytelling – B – Personally I thought Hato’s part of the story could have used less weight. I did enjoy Hato’s story, but he tended to overshadow the rest of the characters. (Now if it had been Ogiue overshadowing the rest of the characters I would have no complaints.)
- Voice – A – The laid back feel we’re used to from Genshiken.
- Characters – B – Somehow it seemed like the new characters had much less of a presence than the old one, even though the series was ostensibly about the new characters.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – In case anyone hasn’t seen the original go watch it. Or just read the manga which has the good Ogiue and Sasahara chapters…