A harem of witches attempts to survive while hitting on a high school boy.
For the first half of Brynhildr, I thought the show was bad, but not completely worthless. Sure, there was a lot of stupidity, the male lead spent half the time whining about how there was a girl called Kuroneko whom he used to know, and a bunch of stuff was humorously gross. At least Pink’s flirting was mildly amusing (ok maybe in a “wow I can’t believe they’re doing this way” but amusing nonetheless).
But then the second half came along. Ohhh boy. Where do I even start? The stupidity skyrocketed to unbelievable levels. People die and randomly come back to life for no reason, talking ghosts suddenly appear, and everyone starts pulling random powers out of their asses. That’s just the tip of the iceberg. So unbelievably stupid.
But hey, at least there’s Pink.
- Storytelling – F – One of the most poorly developed, contrived and senseless stories I’ve watched in a while.
- Voice – C – Nothing to see here, move along.
- Characters – F – Pink is okay, as are a few of the other minor characters. But the two leads? Wow, how can you write characters so boring. Especially Kuroha.
- Attention Grab – B – Have to admit that it did keep my interest. Mainly because it had such a fast rate of stupidity I couldn’t quit facepalming.
- Production – C – Nothing special.
- Overall – F