A father nearing retirement age competes at gymnastics. A ninja moves in.
I don’t normally like sports show but this was really good! Mainly because it was all about the characters and the gymnastics was just the setting. We didn’t spend episodes learning about gymnastics and going through each round of the competition, etc.
I also loved how the protagonist was a widowed father at the sunset of his career. Definitely a change from the usual setup about high school boys!
My favorite part of the show was easily the little girl, however. I tend to hate portrayals of children in anime. They’re often pure and innocent and dumb. This girl is none of those. She has plenty of personality, will get into trouble, and is still very much a child.
- Storytelling – B – Great use of 11 episodes. I did feel the resolution of the ninja story was a bit lacking.
- Voice – A – Loved the setting, art style, and the bird.
- Characters – A – They’re all great.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest.
- Production – A – Looks great.
- Overall – B+