People with superpowers act cool.
Not a fan. Basically this show consists of some guy, “Nice”, acting like what a middle schooler hiding in the back of the class imagines is the epitome of coolness. He barely does anything at all in the snow, except stand around posing with his hands in his pockets and making moral judgments on others from his own position of power. Everyone respects him, but for no apparent reason. He’s basically Kirito except he doesn’t even have massive DUAL BLADES.
All the while this show spouts bullshit philosophy and social analysis.
It has a very witty sense of humor too. (Kidding.)
It’s a shame because Hamatora also has its good moments. These are mainly the parts when the show delves into comedy. When it’s super gay it’s at its strongest. Like there’s one episode with all these naked men running around everywhere, that was pretty good. But unfortunately most of the show’s good points are overridden by how unoriginal the setup is and how dull the characters are.
- Storytelling – B – Some good jokes, but for the most part, the plot isn’t that interesting.
- Voice – C – Not too unique. The plot is basically the 12 year old boy’s version of Psycho Pass. But combined with K and not nearly as gay as K, unfortunately.
- Characters – C – Nice is an awful character. And so are most of his sidekicks. The only ones I really liked were minor side characters, one guy who dies halfway through, and the villain.
- Attention Grab – C – I dozed off at times but it could have been worse.
- Production – B – Looks fine, but doesn’t particularly stand out either.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Psycho Pass, Darker than Black