Where in the world did this come from? (not the punch, that was well deserved)
I have extremely mixed feelings on this one. The good parts were very good; but most of it was simply pointless. Especially the entire first cour, and most of the third.
You’d think for all this we would get some new insights into people’s characters’… but not really.
It didn’t have the sense of mystery, or the sense of horror, as the original Higurashi. It also didn’t have the level of mindfuckery and shitposting as Umineko. It ended up being this half-assed hybrid of both the shows.
Still, I mostly enjoyed enjoyed watching it. And I continue to be amused at how much trouble was caused because this moron couldn’t pass middle school math.
- Storytelling – B – Could have been a lot shorter. But some good moments.
- Voice – B – It’s Higurashi.
- Characters – B – Good from the previous show, but doesn’t add much.
- Attention Grab – C – Lost interest multiple times in the middle…
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Read the Umineko manga, it’s amazing!