Kids fall in love.
It’s so sweet and romantic and cheerful it makes me want to barf. I demand a second season. The title should be, Horimiya Second Season: Divorce.
Aside from that, it’s very well made! I like the characters, especially Miyamura with all his tattoos. Not the typical protagonist. I do like the main couple in that they’re pretty flawed and honestly kind of toxic and they should probably break up, although the writers don’t seem to realize this. The side characters are cool too. Especially enjoyed seeing Hori’s family. I hope that when they break up Miyamura can still join the family… maybe they can kick Hori out.
- Storytelling – B – Moved the romance along more than usual!
- Voice – C – Some visual style, but a common setting and subject.
- Characters – B – Pretty interesting although I struggled keeping track of the side characters.
- Attention Grab – C – Kept my interest each episode, but never really excited me.
- Production – B – Quite well made!
- Overall – B-