A romance with a woman in a wheelchair.
I loved this movie. Anime usually have the worst romances and this movie was an exception. The main characters are great and the movie did a great job of showcasing them and their personalities. The art style is amazing too.
Sure, the plot is overwrought and kind of ridiculous at times, but when the story is told so well I can’t complain. My one big complaint has to be that the main guy seemed to realize you can’t “ganbarimasu” your way out of a disability, and then immediately proceeded to “ganbarimasu” his way out of a disability. I especially liked the relationship between the main two— it made the romance come together in a believable way and you could understand what they appreciated about each other.
- Storytelling – A – A bit “too much” at points but overall great.
- Voice – A– Liked the focus on those with disabilities.
- Characters – A – The main two were great, especially appreciated how they were both very flawed. Diving friends were good too, especially the one girl who was an asshole.
- Attention Grab – A – Kept me glued!
- Production – A – Looks amazing.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Koe no Katachi