A girl can’t speak and comes out of her shell.
Pretty great movie. I expected some carefree happy high school romance movie, and that is what I ended up getting, but not at all in the way I expected. I especially liked the first few minutes of the movie, which were extremely dark, and succeeded wildly at drawing me in.
The other thing that didn’t go as expected was the romance in this show. Not what I was expecting at all (I won’t spoil). And I loved it. I can normally guess from the first few minutes of two people meeting how things are going to turn out. This time, I could not.
Aside from the relationship drama… the other aspects just weren’t all that interesting. All the fighting over doing the play, I just couldn’t bring myself to care about. Same with baseball guy’s story. I’ve seen this all before.
Still, the central relationships make this worth watching.
- Storytelling – B – Liked how things go in unexpected directions.
- Voice – A – She finds her voice. (sorry, had to do it)
- Characters – A – Great characters, especially liked the two girls.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest throughout.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B+
Recommendations – Whisper of the Heart, Ano Hana…