Detective Conan except with a phantom thief.
So, it’s not exactly groundbreaking or original. It’s very formulaic. In fact, you can see over 500 episodes of exactly the same thing if you’d like.
But this was still one of the series I enjoyed most this season. It’s very formulaic, but just enough of a twist to distinguish it from Conan. And with the shorter length, it’s possible to actually finish it!
Despite the predictability and similarity of the episodes, it’s a well polished series. And there are enough extra characters and challenges to keep things interesting despite the fact that every episode has essentially the same outline.
- Storytelling – B – Not the most unique stories, but well told.
- Voice – D – Seen this before.
- Characters – B – Quite likable. But they really are the same characters as from Detective Conan but with different names…
- Attention Grab – B – Surprisingly(?) I was never bored.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – DN Angel, that one with Loki