Magical girls murder each other.
As you all are likely aware, I love shows in which tons of crazy people murder each other. Higurashi is one of my favorite anime, and I’ve loved others in the genre such as Mirai Nikki and Crime Edge.
This one… was a disappointment. I mean, it was still entertaining. But most of the appeal about shows with crazy killing sprees is being upset when people die, or watching them die in entertaining ways (a la Another). Sadly, this show had neither. The deaths had shock value, because you didn’t expect them, but no impact. I never particularly cared about any of the characters, so I didn’t care when they died either. And if I was forced to decide on an emotion I felt when most of the characters died, I would have to lean towards… relief?
I must say, though, amazing OP and ED. Especially the ED. Wish more anime went with half decent music.
- Storytelling – C – Seems to only optimize short term shock value.
- Voice – C – Not much of one.
- Characters – D – For a show like this, with so many, they need to be good. They’re not.
- Attention Grab – C – Kept me interested for each episode, but never looking forward to the next one.
- Production – C – It’s fine.
- Overall – C-