Akane continues to struggle with the Sibyl system.
I liked the first season a lot better, so you should watch that. But this season… the main problem is that intellectually, it makes no sense. Now, don’t get me wrong, it’s not like the first season was a bastion of intelligent thinking and logic or anything, but this was just dumb. This season explores a critical problem of supercomputer brain colonies that rule humanity— how they aren’t equipped to judge entities composed of multiple brains such as themselves and therefore there’s a contradiction. They’re perfect otherwise, murdering people left and right justly, but this is a contradiction!!! The omnipotence paradox!!!
Seriously, this is the main theme of the season. It is unbelievably stupid.
Otherwise… some parts were rather entertaining. There were a bunch of ridiculous laugh-out-loud murder sprees, such as how the villain crowdsourced murdering the cops to a bunch of people controlling a chicken in a video game. The villain was kind of cool… or would have been if he’d been concerned about anything else other than this “omnipotence paradox.”
Also my lesbian ship didn’t pan out. Lame.
- Storytelling – D – Thematically awful.
- Voice – B – Still has a cool scenario I guess.
- Characters – C – The mama’s boy was a joke, his mom completely destroyed the original setting of Sibyl as a monolithic entity, the new inspector barely did anything useful. None of the Enforcers had much of a role at all.
- Attention Grab – B – Was not boring, I’ll give it that.
- Production – B – Looked fine. Mostly.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Phantom, Darker than Black, Mouryou no Hako