A bunch of friends with superpowers have problems.
See what I said last time, as this season continued along the same lines. Sadly, it opted for less comedy than the first season (the one part of the show I liked) and replaced it with a more serious plot and climax.
It’s a bit hard to follow the plot, although this is probably because I couldn’t be bothered to really pay attention. It’s the kind of thing anime loves to do, with some tragic backstory tossed in at the last minute, the cute girl who seemed completely useless for the majority of the show is key, and everyone will be bestest friends forever even though earlier they tried to kill each other. It was all a silly misunderstanding!
Anyway, I’m exaggerating, it wasn’t that bad. I’m just annoyed it wasn’t gayer, it had the potential to be so much better.
- Storytelling – D – Should have done more jokes instead of serious feelings.
- Voice – C – Needs to be gayer.
- Characters – C – Art was kind of cool until they decided to brainwash him halfway through. I always got Nice’s sidekicks mixed up (also their names are dumb).
- Attention Grab – D – I didn’t have much interest in the story.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – D+
Recommendations – Psycho Pass, Darker than Black, Tokyo ESP