Six heroes are destined to defeat the demon king. Except there’s seven of them.
It’s a combination fantasy action show and mystery, with trying to figure out who the seventh is, who is trying to kill them all. Excellent action, great sense of humor, superb sense of mystery and setting up the cutthroat mood where friends will turn on a dime and try to kill each other.
My only disappointment was the ending. It feels like the story barely even started… And they ended by introducing a new character in the dumbest way possible.
Oh well. Great show overall. Really hope it gets a sequel. I’m almost tempted to read the light novel even, but I have the worst experience with those…
- Storytelling – A – Excellent sense of mystery combined with bursts of adrenaline, they keep everyone wondering until the end.
- Voice – A – Tons of backstabbing in a pretty unique fantasy world.
- Characters – A – One of the show’s strongest points. They may not have the most depth, but the show puts them through such crazy situations that it really makes them shine even in their simplicity.
- Attention Grab – A – Sitting on the edge of my seat for most of it.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – A-
Recommendations – Shingeki no Bahamut, Katanagatari