The adventurers club searches for magical treasure.
So… this story doesn’t really go anywhere. It kind of just ends right in the middle. But a story’s not always about the destination. And in Ryuugajou Nanana, the journey to nowhere was a lot of fun.
It has some excellent characters. I especially like the main character and the detective and how they fight all the time. I don’t want to spoil, but the main character seems pretty lame at first. Trust me, he’s not. He’s actually pretty awesome. The show also has some great battles and fanservice.
It gets a bit hectic at times since there are so many characters. I wasn’t always sure what was going on. But this ended up being a good thing— I’d rather have to think about things than have everything spelled out. This show doesn’t treat the viewers like complete idiots like many anime do. A few of the earlier episodes in particular had some excellent trickery, I was completely fooled several times.
The characters all act intelligently as well, unlike many anime. No misunderstandings based on idiocy in this show. Thank goodness.
- Storytelling – B – Loads of fun. Good humor, can be clever, but sometimes a bit too confusing. Especially with the gangsters, I missed a lot there. Hope it gets another season or three so we can have some finality… but I doubt it.
- Voice – B – Interesting interplay between the different elements, the 3D puzzles, the fighting, the school life, the ghost playing video games, gangsters, etc.
- Characters – A – Great characters. Intelligent, unique, and excellent interactions with how they pretty much never get along.
- Attention Grab – A – Definitely not bored. Too fast with too much to get bored!
- Production – B – Looks pretty good!
- Overall – B+