Kirito buries his face in Asuna’s boobs. Oh, and also, kills Death.
It was kind of dumb in the way that only Sword Art Online is capable of. Had to pull in every single one of the far too many characters. The general plot was kind of silly. The video game is actually in real life, but they still do crazy ass shit like jump off cliffs and land without the slightest injury. The high school marriage between Kirito and Asuna continues to be treated as romantic instead of the complete idiocy it is which will soon end in a bitter divorce and lengthy custody battle over their virtual daughter.
I did get a huge laugh of the idea of bringing back the dead through the amazing power of Deep Learning. And I will admit, the animation was pretty damn good. Especially the fight scenes. It’s a shame it was wasted on this. But, yeah, could have been a lot worse!
- Storytelling – C – Competent but felt pretty half-assed.
- Voice – C – It’s extremely Sword Art Online.
- Characters – D – Sinon has a nice butt?
- Attention Grab – C – Finished it in two sittings, not terrible.
- Production – A – Great production values. Liked the fight scene animation especially.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Dennou Coil, Summer Wars, Log Horizon