A guy is reincarnated in another world as a slime.
I especially loved how wholesome this is. Usually isekai stories are wish fulfillment stories, where the main character wants to be the strongest in the world and have a harem of beautiful slaves who worship him. This is likewise a wish fulfillment story, but the main character’s deepest wish is to have a peaceful world where everyone can live happily together in harmony.
Sure, it’s a bit simplistic, but that’s only part of the charm.
I think my main complaint is that the story isn’t very focused. It drifts all over the place with tons of side stories, none of which end up fitting together very well. I’m sure they could make another ten seasons of this and it could go on forever at this rate.
It was pleasant and enjoyable, but nothing I’ll especially remember.
- Storytelling – B – Drifts around but enjoyable.
- Voice – A – Love the innocence and optimism.
- Characters – C – Pretty simplistic. Rimuru is Good. Everyone loves him.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept me watching.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – the spider isekai which I’m looking forward to coming soon