Seki does dumb crap during class. Hanazawa Kana gets pissed at him.
They’ve been making these short anime for years, but Tonari no Seki-kun is the first one I’ve really enjoyed. Many of them try to fit way too much into a single episode, or have too many characters. Tonari no Seki-kun has two main characters, a simple premise, and a single skit per episode. If anything, it can occasionally be too little in a single episode, when Hanazawa Kana begins to repeat herself.
And the jokes are hilarious. It’s impressive how much you can do with such a simple premise.
Plus, some excellent voice acting.
- Storytelling – A – Keeps it simple and entertaining. Always funny.
- Voice – A – Makes great use of the short format.
- Characters – A – Perfect for the short format with just two! Memorable characters.
- Attention Grab – B – Mostly kept my attention due to the short episodes. For some skits it was a bit too long.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B+