Our yuri school adventures continue.
This season was not quite as strong as the first one, mainly, I think because the same jokes are getting a bit old now. The Sakurako / Himawari flat chest and large breast battle, for example, is getting tiresome. The creators did seem to realize this and experimented with new ideas, but none of them stuck that well. They strayed away from the yuri towards more generic school activities, which plays against the show’s greatest strength.
The middle episodes in particular were not that memorable. Still, some of the episodes were as strong as the first season. In particular, episode 11 in which Akari goes time traveling was amazing. The entire season was worth it just for that.
- Storytelling – C – Varies by episode. Episode 11- A.
- Voice – B – Tons of yuri, nosebleeds and monstrous hair.
- Characters – C – The main cast is as strong as before. A lot of time this season was spent on Sakurako and Himawari though, and those two continue to be weak. We needed more of Akari’s sister instead.
- Attention Grab – B – Depends on the episode. Some were dull.
- Production – C – Nothing special here.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – YuruYuri, Milky Holmes