Two girls change the world by singing.
Whenever I hear the name Carole I always pronounce it in the Baccano narrator’s voice.
I can see what they were aiming for, but it didn’t work. They had a lot going on: the politics, the stuff about refugees, family, the whole AI thing… but none of these subplots ever really came to fruition. Instead they got distracted by insert songs. The American Idol arc is where it fell apart in my opinion.
Ertegun was cool though.
The music sucked. Most of the characters they beat in Mars Idol had way better music than the leads, who played the most generic pop music that somehow changed the world.
- Storytelling – C – Not focused.
- Voice – C – Being on Mars added nothing?
- Characters – C – Ertegun was good.
- Attention Grab – C – Lost interest around halfway through.
- Production – B – Looked good!
- Overall – C