It’s been a year to the day since I started blogging. At first, I thought I would last a week at most. Now here I am a year later. Let’s see if I can keep it going for another year.
Since I started the site, it’s had 43,500 visitors. We started out in January with around 10 visitors per day; now we tend to get around 350. Approximately sixty people subscribe to the RSS feed. A big thank you to all of our readers!
The site had a total of 1738 comments in the past year, and about half were mine. The commenting rate has continued to accelerate: over half of the comments were left in the past three months. Thank you to all of our commenters! If success could be quantified, this would certainly qualify.
Our most popular Google search terms were Guilty Crown, Wacky Races (huh?), Dororon Enma-kun Meramera (eh?), Mawaru Penguindrum, Draggle’s Anime Blog, Nichijou, Infinite Stratos Review, Draggle blog, and Guillermo Baldini.
I wrote a total of 437 posts this year: 262 were episodic posts, 61 were first impressions of new series, and 78 were reviews. That’s over one post per day!
Best Google Searches:
- “i like my women like blowfish: stripped by me.”
- “sex with the devil” anime
- an anime where they go to 2nd base – Moshidora?
- anime is great – Yes. Yes it is.
- becoming a mermaid – Sorry. I don’t know how.
- guilty crown i hate inori (many variants) – with you all the way!
- how to act like inga un-go – Can’t help here.
- im gonna punch that dragon in the face – Do it! Especially if it’s named Rose!
- merlin penis saber – WTF?
- orbital bombardment – Yeah!
- raging libido
- the shinkansen is pooping
- what on earth do you want? everything.everything in the world – A good choice.
Worst Google Searches (hopefully this won’t put me on the FBI watchlist):
- all dogs hentai – gross!
- anime and unicorn porn – None of that here.
- anime hoe tied up – and hundreds of variants of “anime girls tied up”
- Hundreds of searches involving rape and bondage (why?)
- bitch loses her clothes
- boy wetting the bed
- christmas anime rape – Let’s get in the holiday spirit!
- cornered loli – Let the loli go!
- cute little girl wets the bed
- Hundreds of variants on fat anime girls
- go shitting
- hayate ayasaki rapes hinagiku katsura – No he does NOT.
- japanese girls stripping naked
- last exile anime porn
- lesbian wrestling matches
- let’s strip
- little 8 year old lift up her skirt anime
- mirai nikki sex games – It’s not that kind of game.
- mom in her underwear – Please no.
- naked girls high kicking
- naked picture on girls parts – Which parts?
- nichijou go to hell mio – You go to hell!
- oldman daughter fetish
- porn movies animal lovers – Those poor, poor animals.
- real girls kidnap and tied up with rope
- school rumble porn – I’ve gotten hits for pretty much every series I’ve ever mentioned with “porn” tacked on the end.
Funniest Google Searches:
- “draggle’s daughter” – Uh oh, I never heard about this.
- “i am mad scientist!” – yes you are!
- a fat girl with a big belly – is there any other kind?
- animation of a cow drinking milk – um?
- captain america in the balls – Huh?
- chinese food in america isn’t real – Or is it? What is “real”?
- how would i know if my grandfather was really my father. – Do you really want to?
- i am extremely cute – Really now?
- i can send thoughts through time – Me too! Only forward though.
- is christmas one day – No, it’s twelve.
- kill people with laser
- my dad is old enough to be my grandfather – Sorry?
- neocortex in flower pot
- ninth and fourth mirai nikki email address – Send me your email and I can put you in touch.
- no. 6 are shion and nezumi gay]
- outer space porn – What would this be, two galaxies colliding?
- pregnant anime blog – I really don’t have a daughter and I’m not going to, okay?!
- shinjiro sleeps with inga – hopefully the adult form?
- souls of unborn children as currency – I’ll stick with the dollar, thank you very much.
- why did infinite stratos sell – Based on all the searches I get, the answer is clear.
- yo mum withod undewear – Yo!
Thank You Everyone!
I won’t be able to list everyone, so I want to thank up front everyone who has contributed in any way to this site. First of all, I want to think my readers, for whom I write this blog, and our commenters, who motivate me to keep going. I especially appreciate comments that disagree with me and make me think, so lurkers, don’t be afraid! I won’t bite!
I also want to thank all the readers and other bloggers I’ve interacted with on Twitter! I’ve had many fascinating conversations, on topics ranging from anime to robots to showering habits. If anyone isn’t already following me on Twitter, you can find me here. You can also find me on Google+, although I’m not as good at updating that, and on MAL. Don’t be shy!
But specifically, thank you to…
- Chike, one of my first loyal commenters, for motivating me to keep going;
- Myssa Rei, for leaving the site’s first comment and convincing me that someone was actually reading, and for her later insightful comments on Last Exile;
- KrimzonStriker and Judge, for one of the most interesting discussions the comment section has seen;
- Vuc and ajthefourth, for many engrossing conversations on Penguindrum and on anything and everything on Twitter;
- animekritik, for fascinating discussions of phantom books, imperialism, mythology and everything in between, and for leading me into the Leijiverse;
- Charles, for sharing my interest in anime, history and religion;
- Joesph, for being the site’s biggest promoter;
- Foshizzel, for his radiant enthusiasm and chronic cheerfulness;
- GuardianEnzo, for encouraging me in the early days of the site;
- Maruasdf, for helping me practice my Spanish;
- E Minor, I miss you, come back;
- Marina, for making me hungry;
- Jesus159159159, for making me laugh and for bathing occasionally;
- Shinmaru, for making me groan (at bad anime, not at him);
- Snippet, for being genki;
- Flomu, for being a cynical asshole;
- Marrow, for being Swedish;
- processr, for his awesome British accent;
- Muse, for many discussions on Dantalian;
- BryanBlair, for (most recently) saving me from watching Manyuu Hikenchou;
- Anya, BeldenOtaku, chii, EphemeralDreamer, feal87, Inushinde, Joojoobees, Lostty, kiddtic, Mira, Mr. A, seer, Seinime, Shance, tomphile, tsurugiarashix, Yi (sorry if I missed anyone) for many discussions on our blogs and Twitter and too many other things to name;
- Everyone else that I talk with on Twiter;
- jreding, Mad Chemist, Myna, reiseng, and all the other commenters. You are the reason I write this blog!
Happy new year! I have no plans to stop, and this year is going to be even better than the last!