The high school literature club solves mysteries.
I adored this show. It’s beautifully executed, as we’ve come to expect from KyoAni. It has some of the best characters I’ve seen in the past year. Chitanda with her boundless energy, Oreki with his laziness that can only be dispelled by Chitanda, Satoshi with his strange aloofness, and Mayaka.
I’ve seen some people complain that the mysteries are trivial things and don’t really matter. But that’s part of what made this show so endearing to me. It’s a show about ordinary high school students, in the truest sense of the word. Their adventures are corresponding ordinary. And yet, even their ordinary lives are filled with mystery and excitement when they search for it.
I’d also like to point out that although it wasn’t the main focus, this show had some fabulous romance. I really hope it gets a sequel.
- Storytelling – A – Tells simple stories and makes them profound.
- Voice – A – A whole sense of Houtarou’s laziness pervades the show.
- Characters – A – Mayaka = best character ever
- Attention Grab – A – Never lost my interest.
- Production – A – Beautiful, superb voice acting.
- Overall – A-