Kids go to space camp, but become LOST IN SPACE.
I nearly dropped this after the first episode, but commenters convinced me to stick with it, and I’m glad I did! I expected it to be a “planet of the week” type show, exploring different interesting planets. And it was a little bit of that. But most of the attention focused on the relationships between the different cast members, and they wrapped everything up in an extremely satisfying finale adequately solving the mystery of why they became lost in the first place and much more. It was fast-paced and they obviously cut a ton from the source material, but I love it when a show takes the time it has, uses it well, and wraps everything up, instead of going on and on in endless sequels.
Great characters, great mystery and setting and reveal, with tight and well-planned storytelling. Also, nice shipping. I wouldn’t say it blew me away, but it was a very solid and enjoyable show.
- Storytelling – B – Knew how to reveal and pace things.
- Voice – B – Interesting setting but nothing mind-blowing.
- Characters – B – Good, although a bit of a “character of the week” flavor.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept me watching to the end, although a little rocky start.
- Production – B – Looks fine!
- Overall – B
Recommendations – Starship Operators, Rokka no Yuusha