A lesbian goes wild at magic school.
This show seems to have slipped under many people’s radar, but it’s pretty great. You should check it out.
This show knows that its premise is kind of lame, but that doesn’t stop it from telling an enjoyable story. The story is carried entirely by the force of Eruna’s personality. In a medium dedicated to weak, fragile characters who refuse to share their feelings with others, Eruna is a breath of fresh air. They basically took the typical anime character and made Eruna the exact opposite. She’s always cheerful. She has no compunctions of telling everyone exactly how she feels. And she’s completely honest with sharing exactly what her desires are.
Most of the story just results from putting Eruna’s upbeat personality together with a bunch of other people and seeing how they respond. Plus the setting is rather absurd.
It’s a pleasant and upbeat watch, with a good sense of humor.
- Storytelling – C – Some good jokes, never gets bogged down in seriousness. I liked the ending, how they just went straight for the happy ending without worrying about the details much.
- Voice – A – Quite unique in the cheerful mood and art style.
- Characters – B – I loved Eruna and also purple. Most of the side characters had a good deal of effort put into them too, even the ones with tiny roles.
- Attention Grab – B – One of the first shows I would pick to watch each week. (Partially because it required so little mental effort.)
- Production – C – Fantastic style. Light and loose, as appropriate for the content.
- Overall – C+