A boy’s hand becomes a parasite and they fight other parasites.
It was a pretty good show. It raised some interesting questions but I felt it never actually went that far with them. Maybe that’s just me. Also, I wasn’t a big fan of the battles. The show was at its best when it engaged in battles of wit, not battles of brute strength.
I think another challenge was that, aside from Tamura Reiko, the villains just weren’t all that interesting. Tamura Reiko was pretty great though.
When I first started watching this show my initial reaction was that it was kind of gross. I’m usually not into the body horror stuff. But by the second episode I was used to it already. Now I think Migi is kind of cute.
There were a couple of episodes that were really good, but most of the show is just kind of a blur to me. And it’s only been a month since I watched the second to last episode. Which suggests it wasn’t all that memorable. It’s the kind of show which in theory I think it was pretty good… but I didn’t actually enjoy watching it. If that makes any sense.
- Storytelling – B – Interesting themes, I thought the pacing could be a bit better.
- Voice – B – Pretty unique concept although I guess that show where the girl became the boy’s hand did it first.
- Characters – C – The show had what should have been interesting characters on paper… But I never actually liked any of them. Murano was pretty worthless.
- Attention Grab – C – Somehow it just never excited me. I’d watch an episode and enjoy it but it never left me feeling enthusiastic to watch the next episode. At all. This is what moved it down to a B- in my estimation.
- Production – B – Got sick of the soundtrack after a while.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Tokyo Ghoul