Kids break out of the orphanage.
I had high hopes for this one. The manga seemed to be quite well received (I haven’t read it) and the anime was well made. It was great at building up the sense of tension.
But that’s where everything fell apart. There were a ton of cliffhangers in this show, I think almost every episode ended with one. And all of them were trolling us. Every. Fucking. One. I completely gave up on paying any mind to any of the cliffhangers. Because I knew everything would go back to stage one in the next episode for some dumbass cockneyed reason. This anime was made by trolls. It reminds me a lot of Titan in that they’re never going to get to the fucking basement.
- Storytelling – C – Trolls.
- Voice – C – Honestly, the setting didn’t seem too special to me. Quite heavy handed with the orphanage being a prison in the first episode.
- Characters – C – A few decent ones, but pretty simple. Especially Emma.
- Attention Grab – B – Keeps you interested but just pisses you off when you come back.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – C