Fight with the power of tattoos!!!
This anime is sooo good. The main character is an immortal loli from Los Angeles wearing a sailor uniform with the traditional American name, Bluesy Fluesy. Look at this representative scene from the show:
Yes, that’s the American army shouting “black hawk down!” as their helicopter is tackled by a flying lion. Much of the show is like that— pure over the top ridiculousness. And that’s what I love about this show. The author doesn’t particularly concern himself with what’s expected or with the usual way a story goes. He just does whatever he wants.
Admittedly, that does create some problems. The plot is hard to follow, mainly because it doesn’t make much sense. And there’s a tendency to introduce big twists without any foreshadowing. But who cares? Taboo Tattoo is damn entertaining.
Also, great fanservice— evil is hot. So are girls with one arm.
- Storytelling – B – Hilarious.
- Voice – A – Lol how does anyone come up with this.
- Characters – B – Main character sucks. Bonus points for killing off my least favorite character.
- Attention Grab – A – You have my attention.
- Production – C – Looks ok. Way too dark.
- Overall – B