Kids grow up and fall in love and stuff.
I liked it (I’ll take anything where the adults look back wistfully on their childhood and their mistakes) but honestly it will end up being pretty forgettable. Orange and even AnoHana told similar stories better in my opinion. I feel like it was a bit confused and too widespread for the movie format. You have both the kids’ stories and the adults’ stories, and they’re supposed to add to each other, but it didn’t especially work for me. Mainly because they’re tied together through the ghost of the one guy’s past, and he was the weakest part of the story. Again, I see what they were aiming for here, but it fell flat. Or maybe I have just lost my sense of childhood wonder and excitement…
- Storytelling – B – Loved the thematic ideas but didn’t quite come together.
- Voice – C – The main twist is a ghost, but meh. Also the title and falling from the sky felt like an afterthought.
- Characters – C – Why is the little kid so seriously in love with the older girl that’s just weird.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept my interest until the end.
- Production – B – Looks fine, but I tend to expect more from movies.
- Overall – B