A troupe of arms dealers led by a little girl blows shit up.
This is your gratuitous violence fix for the season. It’s a fun show that has badasses getting in ridiculous fights. There’s nothing wrong with that once in a while. I can definitely say I enjoyed the show.
With that said, many of the characters are just plain boring. Jonah, the child soldier who is more or less the main character, is emotionless. In a show where the entire charm is watching crazy people having fun killing each other, this is a problem.
Although both this, Hellsing and Black Lagoon all have a big focus on loads of violence, I can’t say Jormungand compares favorably to either Black Lagoon or Hellsing. The characters are just dull by comparison. What he said.
- Storytelling – B – It’s more a sequence of gunfights than a story, but that’s cool too.
- Voice – A – Quite a distinctive, wild style.
- Characters – D – They don’t enjoy killing enough.
- Attention Grab – B – Succeeds here through lots of action.
- Production – C – Something is odd about the characters’ faces.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Black Lagoon, Hellsing Ultimate