A fiery redhead goes to magic school.
We’ve seen this one a million times before. The main variation this time is that the main characters actually start dating each other pretty early on.
Normally I would say that was a good thing, but the problem is… the romance between them is such crap. These people have no good reason to like one another. In fact they started out with the girl making the boy her slave and abusing him, but by the next episode she’s all deredere and becomes a total pushover.
These people have no good reason to like one another. And certainly no good reason for their relationship to progress the amount it does by the end of the series… They’re completely soulless. All there is to the guy is that he suffers a lot and likes beating people up. All there is to the girl is that she’s filthy rich and likes beating people up. I guess they do have something in common. But pretty much any of the side characters are more interesting than these two.
Still, it was actually one of the better shows this season. Amazingly…
- Storytelling – C – Took a really weird twist and became pretty dark out of nowhere for the last couple episodes. Kind of wish it had been like that from the start.
- Voice – D – A magic school fighting tournament, never seen that before.
- Characters – C – The mains were pretty bad. Although for once the imouto character of all things was one of my favorites.
- Attention Grab – B – Was way less boring than I expected.
- Production – C – Nothing to write home about.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Taimadou Gakuen 35, Gakusen Toushi Asterisk, Zero no Tsukaima, Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance, Kuusen Madoushi, etc., etc.