A cute girl is found by a golem in the forest. He becomes her dad except he’s going to die.
Oh my god Somali is so cute.
I dropped this after the first episode (based on… ahem… past experience with say, Usagi Drop, I am very hesitant to watch any anime about cute little girls) but was fortunately convinced by Marina to give it a second try. I’m glad I was. It was a very enjoyable show, very thoughtful in the setting and it’s treatment of fear and hatred, as well as family relationships.
My favorite arc was the one with the bird girl and her dad, with how he isn’t willing to do whatever it takes to stay alive.
Overall a very thoughtful and loving show.
- Storytelling – B – Develops the themes well.
- Voice – B – Cool setting with all the different monsters.
- Characters – B – I thought Somali would piss me off but she didn’t. She’s trying her best! In spite of recovering from a boatload of trauma.
- Attention Grab – C – My interest did wane for a few of the arcs.
- Production – B – Looking good!
- Overall – B