See what I said for the last season, because nothing has changed.
It always feels like this show moves at a glacial pace. In this season, everything about chess became especially tiresome. It didn’t help that most of the time on the chess part of things focused on these older side characters that we didn’t have much investment in.
I liked Hina’s arc a lot though, and most of the parts focusing on the family. Even if it was a bit overly dramatic at times.
- Storytelling – C – Chess parts didn’t interest me.
- Voice – C – The usual SHAFT.
- Characters – B – Some are great, some less interesting (especially the chess people). But given how much time they’ve spent on these characters, you’d expect a bit more.
- Attention Grab – C – Lost my interest, especially in the chess parts.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Shion no Ou