See what I said for the last season, because nothing has changed.
It always feels like this show moves at a glacial pace. In this season, everything about chess became especially tiresome. It didn’t help that most of the time on the chess part of things focused on these older side characters that we didn’t have much investment in.
I liked Hina’s arc a lot though, and most of the parts focusing on the family. Even if it was a bit overly dramatic at times.
- Storytelling – C – Chess parts didn’t interest me.
- Voice – C – The usual SHAFT.
- Characters – B – Some are great, some less interesting (especially the chess people). But given how much time they’ve spent on these characters, you’d expect a bit more.
- Attention Grab – C – Lost my interest, especially in the chess parts.
- Production – B – Looks good.
- Overall – C+
Recommendations – Shion no Ou
3 thoughts on “3-Gatsu no Lion Review — C+”
Crap review and shit taste.
Wow C+ eh? I guess everyone’s taste is different but man, C+!? This is as close as an A as anything can get. It’s a story about people and the unique struggles that everybody goes through, even when it seems like your world is on fire. The series teaches viewers to look up and enjoy the people around you, rather than to stress too much on things that are out of your power. And it does so with amazing visuals and great sound mixing. I could go on and on but at the end of the day, we all have different tastes.