Ships are girls.
An evil armada of cute battleships controls the seven seas. One submarine betrays them. She and her Captain must make it to America. Many other ships become attracted to the Captain on the way.
I was really excited about Arpeggio after the first episode. The story seemed to have some interesting politics going on, the battles were awesome, and the girls were cute. (Although I seem to be one of the few people who didn’t think the CG characters looked terrible.) But it didn’t matter, because all this potential was quickly squandered. First we spent a third of the show on some loli. Then we spent the rest of the show talking about feelings. Ugh. Nothing worse than that.
Still, the parts where the ships fought sea battles and battles over the Captain were pretty entertaining. Wish they could have done more of that and less of the feelings.
- Storytelling – D – Really really corny talk about feelings.
- Voice – B – Girls are ships! Err I mean ships are girls!
- Characters – D – The main cast was okay, when they didn’t talk about feelings. But the loli and her two sidekicks… so unbelievably obnoxious.
- Attention Grab – C – Ok when there was fighting, otherwise not so much.
- Production – B – Hey I thought it looked good. Still don’t understand why everyone hates the CG characters.
- Overall – C-
Recommendations – Full Metal Panic, Girls und Panzer