Famous authors fight mafia wars with superpowers.
My opinion of this has improved since the first season. I think that’s more a reflection of me than a reflection of the show, however. Looking back on my review, everything I said before still holds. I couldn’t explain the plot of this show if I tried. Honestly, I was kind of confused about who the bad guy in the last arc was, even.
But whatever. I still enjoyed watching it. The characters are dumb but they grew on me. By the end I even liked the tiger guy. I feel bad for kimono girls and raggedy ann (they’re also good) but shipping him with the emo vampire dude is Very Good.
Sometimes I wonder if anyone knows who I’m talking about when I write about anime, since I’m so bad at remembering names.
Anyway, it was fun and crazy and always served for some good mindless entertainment. I’ve increasingly come to value that.
- Storytelling – B – Hectic and entertaining.
- Voice – A – Who would possibly think this concept was a good idea…?
- Characters – B – They grew on me from the first season.
- Attention Grab – B – The attention I paid varied, but I was always looking forward to each episode.
- Production – B – Looks good sometimes, bad at other times.
- Overall – X
Recommendations – Baccano, Kekkai Sensen