People die and are judged by playing games.Death Parade consists of a series of short episodic stories (for the most part). In each episode two people come in, play a game, we see flashbacks of their past, and then they are either reincarnated or sent to the void.
I didn’t like the show initially, because the first story was rather cruel. But then the later stories start to bring the validity of the whole system into doubt. Some of the stories, especially in the middle, were quite touching.
A few episodes were great, most were decent.
The OP is cool.
- Storytelling – C – A few of the short stories are excellent. Most were average. Wasn’t too impressed with the overarching plot.
- Voice – B – Those dance moves.
- Characters – B – The characters who show up for a single episode were pretty great. The arbiters and the main girl less so.
- Attention Grab – B – Kept me entertained.
- Production – B – Looking good!
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – Hell Girl? Can’t really think of anything.