A girl and boy meet and go on an adventure in a fantastical world.
I loved this show because it has such a cool setting and reminds me of the stories that got me into anime in the first place, like Nausicaa. The world is absolutely gorgeous.
The story did end up feeling a little generic to me, with the princess trying to save her kingdom. Nothing necessarily wrong with that, I just couldn’t get myself too excited for it. A movie length would have probably worked better.
Speaking of which… it really pissed me off that this is ending with a movie.
Also, the snow sea makes no sense. It is clearly not made of snow since they can swim in it. Also why don’t they just melt the snow if they need water… Probably it is salt water snow or something but why isn’t the boy from the canopy more confused by all of this.
- Storytelling – B – Too long for what it had to say in my opinion.
- Voice – A – Great setting.
- Characters – C – I liked the old people…
- Attention Grab – C – Wasn’t too excited for this after the first couple episodes…
- Production – A – Looks great.
- Overall – B
Recommendations – Knights of Sidonia, Nausicaa, Laputa