Our squad of heroes fights off alien invaders.
We don’t seem to get many mecha series. So I’m always happy to have another one.
Majestic Prince was all right. But something was off. To be honest, I can’t quite put my finger on what went wrong. It may be in part due to the character designs. They’re ugly. I’d like to imagine I’m not such a shallow person, but I probably am. The characters themselves are not that interesting either. We have a guy who wants to be a hero, a gun nut, a girl obsessed with boys, a girl who can’t cook, and another guy who I forgot existed and mixed up with the hero guy half the time.
Still, the story is decent, if somewhat standard mecha fare. The plot is sort of a cross between Gundam and Aquarion Evol. I can’t say I regret watching it.
- Storytelling – C – Mechas, yay!
- Voice – D – Unique in how ugly it looks.
- Characters – D – Not impressed. Awful designs. Stereotyped personalities.
- Attention Grab – B – Was consistently interested throughout.
- Production – D – Hate hate hate the art style, especially for the characters. The CG was pretty good though.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Aquarion Evol, Rahxephon, Zeta Gundam