It’s just like the video game but not as well animated.
This wasn’t necessarily bad, per se, but I didn’t see the point. It was just like the game but inferior in every way. Somehow even the animation was worse. Like, all the best scenes were lifted more or less directly from the game. Additionally, this ended at the final cliffhanger and didn’t even finish the story! (unless there is some follow-on project I’m unaware of) I don’t really care since I’ve played the game, but it’s a total dick move to have people watch 26 episodes, only to end with “Hehe, if you want to know what happens, you have to play the game and go through this all over again!”
The game is really good though. If you’re new to Persona 5, go play the game. If you’ve already played the game, don’t bother with this.
- Storytelling – C – Subpar compared to the game.
- Voice – B – Pretty stylish.
- Characters – B – Pretty decent. Main guy is boss.
- Attention Grab – D – Lost my interest, but mostly because it wasn’t new.
- Production – C – Fine, but compared to the game, such disappointment.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Play the game.
1 thought on “Persona 5 The Animation Review — C”
I think there’s an OAV coming out for it. It’s like having DLC for your anime!