Our heroine sets out to defeat the evil Queen with a harem of half-naked girls.
You may be surprised that I even finished this show. Well, despite being a terrible excuse for (poorly animated) fanservice, I must say that Queen’s Blade: Rebellion did entertain me. Granted, I was laughing at it, not with it, but at least I was laughing. That’s more than I can say of some of the shows I’ve rated F, such as Medaka Box and Papa no Whatever. If you are going to watch this, however, I highly recommend you watch it as a group. It’s much more fun that way.
The show has terrible direction— the ending is basically a reset. And whenever you think you know where Queen’s Blade is headed, someone pulls out a pole and starts rubbing it in their ass. Many of the directions the show goes in make no sense. For example, the character shown above with the purple hair is frequently mistaken for a boy. How is that even possible?
The characters are all stereotypes— we have a mad scientist, two china girls, a robot (with underwear, of course), a pirate, a housewife, and more. Most of them exist only so that their clothes can be removed in battle. We have lots of tentacles, slime, and phallic objects.
So in summary, it’s an awful show, but it’s fun to make fun of.
- Storytelling – F – Illogical and pointless.
- Voice – F – I guess you could consider tentacles a stylistic choice?
- Characters – F – Awful stereotypes whose actions make no sense.
- Attention Grab – A – It does get your attention. But not for reasons anyone would want.
- Production – D – If you’re going to make a show about fanservice, at least have the decency to make it look good.
- Overall – F