An alternate universe in which aliens, espers, and psychics aren’t all around. Or maybe it’s the same universe, except Nagato is revealed to have mental issues.
This grew on me quite a bit from the start. I especially liked the part where Nagato turned into her old self. Makes you see the original series in a different light.
Also, a pretty good romance. So much better than Haruhi.
The main problem is that the show is fairly slow.
And it’s not nearly as good as the disappearance movie. But hey, what is?
- Storytelling – B – Good romance, a bit slow.
- Voice – B – Calming and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy.
- Characters – B – Honestly, non-alien Nagato is a bit of a bore. Kyon is able to carry the show though. As are their friends.
- Attention Grab – C – Defnitely the show’s weakest point.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – B-
Recommendations – The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya