Another love comedy, as it says in the title. The twist: the main character actually has a personality, and likes to play the villain.
So this started out like a lot of other shows: a volunteer club listens to students’ requests, and the club members who have no friends become friends. Where this show is interesting is in the fact that the main character does everything wrong. Little girl can’t make any friends? He threatens her classmates and makes them piss their pants so they’ll band together. Wants to win at the school festival? He cheats. He cares about other people, but his solutions tend to make everyone happy except himself. The “villain” (if anyone can be called the villain) is this one guy who is genuinely nice. The main character finds him disgusting. For more details on how the show takes the school love comedy format and exploits it, check out this excellent post.
It’s not the greatest show, by any stretch of the imagination. For the most part it’s pretty generic school life hijinks. The ice queen, the nice girl, the trap, the crazed friend, school festivals and the like are all present. But the one big twist on the usual format makes it worth watching.
- Storytelling – C – Takes the usual format and transforms it. Still has most of the flaws of the original, however.
- Voice – D – Feels very generic, aside from the big twist.
- Characters – B – Good characterizations, particularly of the male lead.
- Attention Grab – C – I got a bit bored in a few of the arcs. For the most part it kept my attention though.
- Production – B – Looks fine.
- Overall – C
Recommendations – Kokoro Connect, OreShura