Kids fight a war in an attempt to graduate from high school.
It feels like this is something I should like but I couldn’t get into it at all. Most of the time I was just eagerly awaiting for it to be over.
It didn’t help that I remember absolutely nothing about the original series. But, reading my review, it seemed to have suffered from similar problems of not making much sense.
Something else that really bothered me with this was the bizarre tone shifts. For example, in the final battle, their teacher gives them a lecture on how to kill people with this very cheerful tone. Then chant spells and do cool poses. And then their enemies are torn to pieces in this very bloody scene. But later their magic is too powerful and they kill someone so they go heal him in the middle of the battle. And then they summoned monsters from hell to tear a demon apart.
It was all very jarring, to say the least.
- Storytelling – D – Hard to follow…
- Voice – C – It was unique but not really in a good way.
- Characters – D – Why do anime love these emotionless characters so much?
- Attention Grab – D – Did not keep my interest.
- Production – C – Just look at that one guy’s face lol.
- Overall – D+
Recommendations – Chaika